Creative Writing Workshops
Years 4, 5 & Year 6 Creative Writing
1 day workshops at our Examberry Ealing Centre
Maximum of 10 students per class
10am – 4pm
The aim of the workshop is to enhance writing skills in preparation for the 11+ and the challenging local independent school exams.
We will write using frameworks so that the children have a clear idea of expectations of how to write at the top level at this age.
Children will also be given creative writing resources to take home, plus a suggested list of story ideas so that they can then continue to write at this level after the course.
Parents will receive assessments of the child’s writing after the course.
During the course of the day we will be looking at:
- How we structure and present our work
- Different characters and settings – how we describe them when we write
- Using exciting openers to enhance our writing and draw the reader in
- Using conjunctions to extend our sentences and make them more sophisticated
- Using all punctuation and particularly focusing on the use of colons and semi colons
- Using figurative language to bring our story to life including: simile, metaphor, alliteration, hyperbole, onomatopoeia and personification
- Using colour to make our descriptions more vivid
- Using tension to entertain the reader – remember what you don’t see can be far scarier than what you do see
- Planning and checking writing
Timetable and Registration
If you would like to speak to someone please call 07733 554 447 or complete the form below and we will contact you to discuss your booking and to answer any questions that you may have.
To reserve your place now you can do so via the payment buttons.
£tbc for non-Existing Examberry students
£tbc for existing Examberry students
*Cancellations are subject to a charge of £50 per booking if this occurs within 7 days of the course starting. A £20 cancellation fee will be applied otherwise.
Term Dates 2020 – 2021
Mon 7th Sep 20 – Sun 25th Oct 20 (7 weeks)
Half term holidays (Mon 26th Oct – Sun 1st Nov)
NO Classes on Mon 26th, Tue 27th, Wed 28th, Thu 29th, Fri 30th, Sat 31st, Sun 1st
Mon 2nd Nov 20 – Sun 13th Dec 20 (6 weeks)
Mon 4th Jan 21 – Sun 14th Feb 21 (6 weeks)
Half term holiday (Mon 15th Feb – Sun 21st Feb)
NO Classes on Mon 15th, Tue 16th, Wed 17th, Thu 18th, Fri 19th, Sat 20th, Sun 21st
Mon 22nd Feb 21 – Sun 28th Mar 21 (5 weeks)
Mon 19th April 21 – Sun 30th May 21 (6 weeks)
Half term holidays (Mon 31st May – Sun 6th Jun)
NO Classes on Mon 31st, Tue 1st, Wed 2nd, Thu 3rd, Fri 4th, Sat 5th, Sun 6th
Mon 7th Jun 21 – Sun 25th Jul 21 (7 weeks)