Creative Writing 4 Day Online Courses
Year 5 Creative Writing Course
Online 4 day course
Next Course: 25th – 28th October 2021
9.30am – 2.30pm
There will be short break in the morning, and a longer break for lunch
Our Year 5 creative writing course benefits all children sitting the 11+ second stage grammar and independent school exams for Year 7 entry.
Our live interactive class, with a maximum of 16 pupils, covers
- Technical skills of writing:
– vocabulary development: how to express thoughts through powerful and distinctive word choices
– description: how to build a descriptive style ready for use in the exam room, using adjectives, imagery and figures of speech.
– sentence building: how to use different sentence types to express a range of thoughts, feelings and attitudes.
– paragraphing and punctuating: how to structure thoughts clearly, precisely and with technical accuracy.
– drafting and redrafting: how to eliminate mistakes and maximise marks.
- How to develop responses to different writing tasks:
– creative: composing narratives and stories.
– persuasive: incorporating emotional words and phrases, rhetorical questions and details to persuade a reader to their way of thinking.
– argumentative: developing a powerful, convincing argument through structured, authoritative writing.
- Writing in the style of an author, a task found often in independent school writing exams.
– How to plan effectively in a short space of time, step by step, with a multi-layered approach to building texts.
– How to write to time under exam conditions.
– Marking and feedback.
All course materials are included, and pupils leave the course with additional materials which they can use after the course has finished.
Timetable and Registration
If you would like to speak to someone please call 07733 554 447 or complete the form below and we will contact you to discuss your booking and to answer any questions that you may have.
To reserve your place now you can do so via the payment buttons.
£375 for non-Existing Examberry students
£295 for existing Examberry students
*Cancellations are subject to a charge of £200 per booking if this occurs within 7 days of the course starting. A £50 cancellation fee will be applied otherwise.
Term Dates 2021 – 2022
Mon 6th Sep 21 – Sun 24th Oct 21 (7 weeks)
Half term holidays (Mon 25th Oct – Sun 7th Nov)
NO Classes on Mon 25th, Tue 26th, Wed 27th, Thu 28th, Fri 29th, Sat 30th, Sun 31st, Mon 1st, Tue 2nd, Wed 3rd, Thu 4th, Fri 5th, Sat 6th, Sun 7th
Mon 8th Nov 21 – Sun 19th Dec 21 (6 weeks)
Mon 3rd Jan 22 – Sun 13th Feb 22 (6 weeks)
Half term holiday (Mon 14th Feb – Sun 20th Feb)
NO Classes on Mon 14th, Tue 15th, Wed 16th, Thu 17th, Fri 18th, Sat 19th, Sun 20th
Mon 21st Feb 22 – Sun 3rd April 22 (6 weeks)
Tue 19th April 22 – Sun 29th May 22 (6 weeks)
Half term holidays (Mon 30th May – Sun 5th Jun)
NO Classes on Mon 30th, Tue 31st, Wed , Thu 2nd, Fri 3rd, Sat 4th, Sun 5th
Mon 6th Jun 21 – Sun 17th Jul 21 (6 weeks)