Creative Writing 4 Day Online Courses
Year 5 Summer Creative Writing Course
Online 4 day course – 2 sessions available
Session 1: 2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th August
Session 2: 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th August
9.30am – 2.30pm
1 hour break
Our Year 5 creative writing course benefits all children sitting the 11+ second stage grammar and independent school exams for Year 7 entry.
Our live interactive class, with a maximum of 16 pupils, covers
- Technical skills of writing:
– vocabulary development: how to express thoughts through powerful and distinctive word choices
– description: how to build a descriptive style ready for use in the exam room, using adjectives, imagery and figures of speech.
– sentence building: how to use different sentence types to express a range of thoughts, feelings and attitudes.
– paragraphing and punctuating: how to structure thoughts clearly, precisely and with technical accuracy.
– drafting and redrafting: how to eliminate mistakes and maximise marks.
- How to develop responses to different writing tasks:
– creative: composing narratives and stories.
– persuasive: incorporating emotional words and phrases, rhetorical questions and details to persuade a reader to their way of thinking.
– argumentative: developing a powerful, convincing argument through structured, authoritative writing.
- Writing in the style of an author, a task found often in independent school writing exams.
– How to plan effectively in a short space of time, step by step, with a multi-layered approach to building texts.
– How to write to time under exam conditions.
– Marking and feedback.
All course materials are included, and pupils leave the course with additional materials which they can use after the course has finished.
Timetable and Registration
If you would like to speak to someone please call 07733 554 447 or complete the form below and we will contact you to discuss your booking and to answer any questions that you may have.
To reserve your place now you can do so via the payment buttons.
£375 for non-Existing Examberry students
£295 for existing Examberry students
*Cancellations are subject to a charge of £200 per booking if this occurs within 7 days of the course starting. A £50 cancellation fee will be applied otherwise.
Term Dates 2020 – 2021
Mon 7th Sep 20 – Sun 25th Oct 20 (7 weeks)
Half term holidays (Mon 26th Oct – Sun 1st Nov)
NO Classes on Mon 26th, Tue 27th, Wed 28th, Thu 29th, Fri 30th, Sat 31st, Sun 1st
Mon 2nd Nov 20 – Sun 13th Dec 20 (6 weeks)
Mon 4th Jan 21 – Sun 14th Feb 21 (6 weeks)
Half term holiday (Mon 15th Feb – Sun 21st Feb)
NO Classes on Mon 15th, Tue 16th, Wed 17th, Thu 18th, Fri 19th, Sat 20th, Sun 21st
Mon 22nd Feb 21 – Sun 28th Mar 21 (5 weeks)
Mon 19th April 21 – Sun 30th May 21 (6 weeks)
Half term holidays (Mon 31st May – Sun 6th Jun)
NO Classes on Mon 31st, Tue 1st, Wed 2nd, Thu 3rd, Fri 4th, Sat 5th, Sun 6th
Mon 7th Jun 21 – Sun 25th Jul 21 (7 weeks)